Drew Philips Bawcombe, M.D.
Dr. Bawcombe is a board-certified ophthalmologist and vitreoretinal disease specialist. He attained his doctoral degree in medicine at Medical School State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York.
He completed a preliminary year in medicine at Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, Virginia, where he also completed his ophthalmology residency and was chief resident. Dr. Bawcombe also completed a vitreoretinal surgical fellowship at the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida.
Honors and Awards:
- Kenneth Tuck Resident Advocacy Award 2008 Virginia Society of Ophthalmology
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society, Binghamton University 2001
- Cum Laude, Binghamton University 2000
- Golden Key National Honor Society, Binghamton University 1998
- Spanish (satisfactory proficiency)