Alberto Aran, M.D. is a board certified from the American Academy of Ophthalmology and American Board Certified from the American Board of Eye Surgeons. He is the medical director at Aran Eye Associates and the Laser Center of Coral Gables, a TLC affiliate. Dr. Aran completed his corneal and external disease fellowship at Tulane University School of Medicine in New Orleans, Louisiana. He received his ophthalmology residency training at Tulane University of Medicine where he also finished his internal medicine internships and completed his medical degree with honors in 1981.
Dr. Aran graduated Magna Cum Laude from Spring Hill College in Alabama and received his medical degree with honors from the Tulane University School of Medicine in New Orleans, Louisiana. He has received a citation from the United States Congress for his selfless contribution to the needy and his extensive volunteer work as an eye physician and surgeon. Dr. Aran is listed in the “Who’s Who Amongst Outstanding Americans” and received the 1979 Belen Jesuit Prep School “Men for Others” award.
Dr. Aran’s vast clinical experience includes over 80,000 surgical procedures and has performed over 50,000 cataract surgeries. As a scholar, he is widely sought out as a “training physician” by his peers. He was the first ophthalmic surgeon in Florida to use the FDA-approved Excimer Laser and he has trained many South Florida physicians in the use of Excimer Laser technology over the years. Dr. Aran has been the recipient of many prestigious honors and awards including:
Honors and Awards:
- Men for Others Awards- Belen Jesuit Prep High School- Alumni Award- “1991”
- Visx Staar- Top 100 Surgeons in the country “1999”
- Lion’s International Appreciation Award “2002”
- Boy Scouts of America- Hispanic Heritage Award ”2007”
- Outstanding Eye Alumni- Tulane University School of Medicine “2010”
Surgical Staff Privileges:
- Surgical Center of Coral Gables
- North Miami Beach Surgical Center
- Jackson North Medical Center
- Foundation for Advanced Eye Care
- Eye Care and Surgery Center of Ft Lauderdale
Cataract and external Diseases, Cornea Transplant Surgery, Intraocular Lens LASIK and Refractive Vision Correction.
Languages: Dr. Aran speaks fluent English and Spanish