Shani S. Reich, M.D.
Shani S Reich MD is a fellowship-trained Ophthalmologist. Dr. Reich was awarded a Justice Brandeis Scholarship, the highest-level scholarship given to attend Brandeis University. She graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Neuroscience, Biology, and Philosophy.
She attended Rush Medical College, where she conducted research in ocular oncology that she presented at the International Society for Eye Research. She subsequently completed her internship in Internal Medicine at Lenox Hill Hospital. She went on to complete her ophthalmology residency training at Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center in New York, where she was also elected the position of Chief Resident in her final year. Dr. Reich conducted numerous research projects during her residency that led to presentations at the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology, and she was awarded the Best Resident Research Project Award.
After her residency, she continued her training in a Glaucoma fellowship with world-renowned glaucoma specialist, Janet Serle, MD, at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City. During her fellowship, she trained in the surgical management of glaucoma, including traditional glaucoma surgery and micro-invasive glaucoma surgery. She has published and co-authored scientific papers presented at the American Glaucoma Society, the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, as well as the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology.
- American Glaucoma Society, provisional member
- American Academy of Ophthalmology, active fellow
- New York Academy of Medicine, associate member
- Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology, active member
Honors and Awards:
- Published and coauthored scientific papers presented at the American Glaucoma Society, American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery as well and the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology
- Glaucoma Specialist