Sarah A. Avila, M.D.
Dr. Sarah Avila is an oculofacial plastic surgeon. After completing medical school, Dr. Avila completed a residency in ophthalmology at the Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City, followed by a highly competitive two-year ASOPRS-accredited fellowship in reconstructive and cosmetic oculofacial surgery at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia. During this fellowship, Dr. Avila focused on plastic surgery related to the eyelids, eyebrows, lacrimal duct system, orbit, and face.
Dr. Avila is one of only 700 surgeons nationwide to be admitted to the American Society of Oculofacial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons (ASOPRS). She is also a diplomat of the American Board of Ophthalmology, and the author of numerous publications and lectures both nationally and internationally. Dr. Avila is an expert in surgical and non-surgical procedures around the eyes and face.
- Fellow, American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Member in Training, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Member in Training, Women in Ophthalmology
- Member, American Medical Association
Honors and Awards:
- Florida State University College of Medicine Mission Scholarship
- Florida State University Math and Science Pell Grant, 2007 – 2011
- Florida Bright Futures Full Tuition Scholarship, 2007 – 2011
- Oculoplastic Specialist