Joel David Aronowicz Gallego, M.D. completed his residency in ophthalmology at the University of Texas Southwestern medical Center at Dallas. Dallas, Texas. He also completed a surgery internship at Northshore/LIJ Health System in Manhasset, New York. Dr. Aronowicz Gallego completed his medical degree from Central University of Venezuela, Caracas, Venezuela in 1999 and has published many articles and participated in the ‘International red Cross Voluntary Internship” Emergency department in Venezuelan Red Cross.
Areas of Interest:
- General Ophthalmology
- Dry Eye
- Glaucoma Treatment
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Medical Association
- Latin-American Society of Scientific student societies (FELSOCEM) Honorary Member
Surgical Staff Privileges:
- Surgical Center of Coral Gables
- Eye Care and Surgery Center of Ft. Lauderdale
Honors and Awards:
- 2007- Best Poster 1st. Year Resident, at the alumni day event. UT Southwestern Medical Center. Dallas, TX: Role of central corneal thickness (CCT) in circadian intraocular pressure (IOP) fluctuations in patients with mild to moderate primary open-angle glaucoma (POAG) Joel Aronowicz, Philip Lieu, Jordon Lubahn, Michael Coleman, Patrick Brooks, Pranav Chitkara, Mohannad Albdour, and Karanjit S Kooner.
- 2000 - Executive secretary, Scientific Society of Student of Medicine of the Central University of Venezuela(1998-2000),Dean’s Recognition
- 1999- 1st Place free papers: Aronowicz J, Andarcia C, Armand A, Arrufat A. Prevalence of Labor Stress in a Population of Workers at a Petro-Chemical Industry in Venezuela. XIV International Scientific Congress of the Latin-American Federation of Scientifics Societies of Student of Medicine (FELSOCEM), Panama, Panama.
Specialties: General ophthalmology, Dry eye and Glaucoma treatment
Languages: Dr. Aronowicz Gallego speaks fluent English and Spanish