Dr. Emilio Balius, O.D., is the Clinic Director and a Consultative Optometrist at Aran Eye Associates, where he has practiced since 1993. He graduated with a Doctorate in Optometry from University of Houston College of Optometry.
Dr. Balius completed his residency in hospital- based optometry at the Baltimore VA Medical Center in Baltimore, Maryland. He also worked at the prestigious Bascom Palmer Eye Institute of the University Of Miami School of Medicine.
Dr. Balius is certified by the National Board of Examiners in Florida, Texas, and Georgia.
His teaching and faculty appointments include:
- Adjunct Clinical Professor, Nova Southeastern University
- Adjunct Clinical Professor, Indiana University.
- Adjunct Clinical Professor, New England College of Optometry.
- Adjunct Clinical Professor, University of Houston.
- Adjunct Clinical Professor, State University of New York.
- Dade County Optometric Association
- Florida Optometric Association-Past President.
- American Medical Association